OPEN HOUSE FRIDAY, APRIL 2ND

(phoJto above courtesy of Martie Mack)


We are having an Open House on Friday, April 2nd from 5:30 - 7:30 PM at the Miacomet Golf Club (Cash Bar)

Join Whitey for Some Lite Conversation and Heavy Hors d'Oeuvers.

Please pass the word and bring your friends.



Whitey Willauer for Nantucket

"We have three incumbents running as well as a couple of newcomers. All are good people. What sets me apart from the pack is that I have experience managing local, national and international organizations. I have accomplished a lot, and intend to use my knowledge and leadership experience to get Nantucket back on track. Let's be smart and plan for the future without cutting essential services. The citizens of Nantucket have to come first.

It's time to rally support for the good of all Nantucketers. I hope all of my supporters will recruit their friends and neighbors for an overwhelming victory in this Selectman's race. We can do it!"
—Whitey

e-mail at whitey@willauer.com

Let's Grow Our Team!

Let's Grow Our Team!
Whitey and supporters stump the dump
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Thursday, March 12, 2009

Why Vote for Whitey?

Independent Question #1 - March 11th Issue:

Whether you are new to the government arena, an incumbent or have served in prior years, why do you believe voters should choose you over the other contenders for a seat on the selectmen? What abilities and attributes make you most qualified for this highest town governing board?


As chairman of the Board of Selectman, I remained focused on goals and worked closely with the Town Manager. I continue to attend all BOS meetings and stay involved in Town committees. I can hit the ground running upon re-election.

My goal is to lower the year-round cost of living, while improving quality of life. As Bulk Fuel Committee chairman, our plan is to move the fuel tanks from downtown. This will lower the fuel costs and revitalize downtown. As Shellfish Association president and SHAB liaison, I work hard to preserve the scallop fishery. As Energy Committee Liaison, our vision is energy independence by developing affordable wind and solar energy. This can save $30-million in electricity.

I care deeply about the human side of our community. As president of Nantucket Behavioral Health Services and secretary for Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention, we're addressing teen alcohol and substance abuse. I'm also concerned about the care of our senior citizens due to poor budgeting and mismanagement. Essential services are suffering which affects all of us.

My management and leadership abilities were relied upon to accomplish vital tasks for many worldwide organizations. Nantucket can rely on me to do the same. I treat people with respect, listen to their concerns, and dedicate my time to helping where needed.

As the great great grandson of Captain Daniel Russell, of the whale ship Essex, I'm an 11th generation Nantucketer with a longer bloodline than any other candidate. I've seen Nantucket struggle through difficult times and recover. I have the decisive planning skills to get us back on track. I'm asking for your vote.


Please Vote for Whitey on April 14th

I love Nantucket! I'm dedicated to solving our financial problems, reducing the cost of living for year-round residents, and preserving our native scallop fishery and other natural resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment